NUCLEAR PROLIFERATION DIDN'T START IN 1998...
AND NOT IN PAKISTAN NOR WITH ISLAM
"There will now be the 'Islamic Bomb'. It will spread to Iran and Iraq. And
we will now be on the verge of nuclear war."
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan - 6/27/98
"ISLAMIC BOMB" ... "JEWISH BOMB"
MER - Washington - 28 June:
One of the major American TV programs in the USA this Sunday featured a kind of scare
program about "The Islamic Bomb". "The McLaughlin Report" spread
"The Islamic Bomb" perspective far and wide, including the above interview with
Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan from New York. The Americans can be so narrow-minded, so
historically myopic, so self-serving; and here we have one of the best recent examples.
The arms race taking place throughout the Middle East and Asia has been more nurtured
and fueled by the U.S. then establishment American commentators are willing to even
discuss, not to mention to admit. Not only have the Americans pursued duplicitous and
double-standard policies, they have as well been the primary arms salesman for all kinds
of modern weapons systems, including long-range jet fighters, missiles, cluster bombs,
Apache attack helicopters, and the list goes on.
As for nuclear weapons, let's remember the following:
- Israel obtained nuclear weapons -- with a combination of American help and American
looking the other way -- back in the 1960s and 1970s.
- During the 1973 war the Israelis actually threatened to use their nuclear weapons and
were sending them to the battlefield when the Americans declared a "nuclear
alert" and massively intervened to defend Israel.
- The Israelis and South Africans jointed tested nuclear weapons in the late 1970s.
- The Israelis attacked the Iraqi nuclear plant at Osirak in the early 1980s.
- The Israelis have been cooperating with the Indian military for quite some time and
Pakistan has good reason to continue to fear the possibility of a joint Israeli/Indian
strike against their nuclear facilities.
- The Israelis have refused to sign the nuclear non-proliferation treaty or to allow any
kind of international inspection of their nuclear facilities.
- Both the Israelis and the Americans in recent years have threatened to use nuclear and
"neutron" weapons against a prostrate Iraq in recent years.
- Israel continues to threaten to attack Iranian nuclear reactors and the U.S. has
recently supplied the latest advanced long-range fighter planes that could be used for
just such an Israeli first-strike.
So what's all this talk about the "Islamic bomb" without reference to the
And what's all this nonsense about the Pakistanis having unleashed an arms race when
actually an arms race stimulated by the Americans has been raging for some decades now and
if anything Pakistan is reluctantly responding?