In Egypt, Meeting with Sunni Muslim Leaders, Pope Francis Must Speak Up
On Friday, Pope Francis travels to Egypt, the largest Arab country and home to the Copts, the Middle East's largest Christian community. His principal purpose is to take part in an interfaith dialogue with Grand Sheikh Ahmed el-Tayeb, who heads el ...
Pope Francis arriving in Egypt at a time of great fear among Christians
Pope Francis heads to Egypt on Friday with a peace and mercy message for Muslims and Christians
Pope set to visit Egypt in 'call for peace'
Pope Francis Visits Egypt Coptic Church After Bombings
It's a nervous time for Christians in Egypt after suicide attacks on churches there. They look forward to a visit from Pope Francis tomorrow to boost morale. Facebook; Twitter. Google+. Email. Get The Stories That Grabbed Us This Week. Delivered to ...
Washington Post (blog)
Our Egypt aid policy is out of touch with reality
Washington Post (blog)
When it comes to Egypt, we want a strong, stable government and we want to maintain pressure to improve its human rights situation, which is abysmal. Indeed, as witnesses explained this week in a hearing before the Senate Appropriations Committee's ...
US Congress Urged to Make Aid to Egypt More Conditional
Egypt concerned about 'partisan' US senate foreign aid hearing
The New Arab
New legislation threatens judicial independence in Egypt
A new law passed by parliament last night, granting the President the power to appoint the most senior members within the justice system, could further undermine the independence of the judiciary in Egypt, Amnesty International said today. If ratified ...
Egypt judges threaten escalation if controversial judiciary law approved
Egypt 'let down' by continued UK flight ban to Sharm - BBC News
Egypt feels badly let down by its ally and partner Britain, according to officials who spoke to the BBC on condition of anonymity. The Egyptian government ...
'The pope of peace in the Egypt of peace:' What can Francis achieve in Cairo?
But in Egypt, it's an absolute novelty. Only 10 percent of the country's 93 million people are Christian, the other 90 percent are Muslim. Abdelwakeed Abou Rehab belongs to the Muslim majority. But the 23-year-old grew up among Christians. His parents' ...
Pope Francis heads for Egypt as 'pilgrim of peace'
Pope to visit Egypt as Copts face Islamic State campaign
Coptic Christians – Egypt's forsaken community
Foreign Policy (blog)
Egypt imposes tariff on exports of fish- Trade Ministry
CAIRO, April 27 (Reuters) - Egypt's Trade Ministry on Thursday imposed a tariff on the exports of fresh and frozen fish of 12,000 Egyptian pounds per tonne for four months. The decision comes two days after President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi said Egypt had ...
Time to Rethink the US-Egypt Relationship, Experts Tell Senate
Egypt suspends fish exports
Blood and treasure: Egypt's army
Why UK tourists should consider returning to Egypt on holiday | The ...
Egypt, much like Tunisia and Turkey, has suffered a huge blow to its tourist industry in the last few years. Once a hugely popular destination for holidaymakers, ...
Pope Francis Heads To Egypt
Pope Francis travels to Egypt this week in an effort to strengthen ties with Islam. He also will meet with Egypt's Coptic Christian community, which has been targeted in deadly attacks. STEVE INSKEEP, HOST: Pope Francis arrives in Cairo tomorrow. It's ...
Manufacturers in Egypt turn to local sourcing as prices soar
Egyptian pound has halved in value since floating * Higher import costs pushing firms to source locally * Companies also expanding manufacturing in Egypt to export By Asma AlsharifCAIRO, April 27 (Reuters) - In green fields near Egypt's Mediterranean ...