Nouri al-Maliki: The US has a foreign-policy partner in Iraq
Today, on the 10th anniversary of the overthrow of Saddam Hussein, the debate about whether it was worth it to topple the regime and the direction of the U.S.-Iraqi relationship is influenced by a pessimistic view that the United States has lost Iraq ...
Iraq forces Iranian plane bound for Syria to land
Iraq says inspects Syria-bound Iranian jet,
Iraqi Speaker Discusses Impact of Syria on Iraq
Margaret Thatcher and Iraq
“Contracts worth over £150m have been concluded [with Iraq] in the last six months including one for £34m (for armoured recovery vehicles through Jordan),” writes Thomas Trenchard, a junior minister, in a secret letter to Mrs Thatcher in March 1981.
Margaret Thatcher changed Iraq, the Soviet Union and the oil industry
UN News Centre
Increasing violence in Iraq taking toll on civilians, security forces, UN warns
UN News Centre
According to UNAMI, at least 229 civilians were killed and a further 853 were wounded in acts of terrorism and armed violence in Iraq during March. A further 227 members of the Iraqi security forces were killed and 300 were wounded as a result of such ...
The long shadow of the Iraq war 09.04.2013
Iraq Executes 7 Convicted of Terror Offenses
Iraq Executes 7; 9 Killed in Attacks
Canadian Jewish News (blog)
Was the Iraq Invasion Worthwhile? Ask an Iraqi
In a recent interview with the New York Times, the writer Toni Morrison said, “I dare you to tell me a sane reason we went to Iraq.” Her request is not unreasonable. We've heard similar arguments a lot over the past few weeks, as we marked the 10th ...
Former PM John Howard says disbanding the Iraqi army was a mistake by US
Iraq: 10 years after the war
In Baghdad square, varied life paths since Saddam Hussein statue felled
After Iraq, Climbing Out of the Moral Abyss
Huffington Post (blog)
The only message our children will take away from the war in Iraq is that if you repeat a boldfaced lie enough, it will someday become accepted truth. And as a corollary, saving face is much more important than admitting a mistake, no matter how ...
The criminal Iraq war
Officials: Explosions Kill 4 in Northwest Iraq
A surge in violence is expected in Iraq in the lead up to provincial elections on April 20. Mosul is the capital of Ninevah province and the Iraqi government has already delayed elections throughout the province because of violence. The elections also ...
Suicide bomber attacks Iraq campaign meeting
Suicide bomber kills 22 in Iraq election attack
Suicide bomber kills 20 at Iraq political rally
The folly of Iraq predates Obama
In response to Quinton D. Thompson's letter ("Obama's decision to leave Iraq led to catastrophe," April 5), I must remind your readers that the underlying catastrophe was perpetrated by then-President George W. Bush's illegal attack on Iraq. President ...
For the price of the Iraq War, the U.S. could have gotten halfway to a ...
If we had invested the $3.9 trillion that the war in Iraq will ultimately cost, we would generate nearly 40% of our electricity with new renewables. Combined with the 10% of supply from existing hydroelectricity, the US could have surpassed 50% of ...
A religious group staged a demonstration outside the show's studio last year
(CNN) -- Beset by war and sectarian violence, Iraq has not had a lot to laugh about in recent years. But a trio of old friends from Baghdad have sought to change that, by distilling the jokey banter of their late-night drinking sessions into a ...
Team returns from medical mission in Iraq
He said medical practices in the region surrounding Iraq are significantly behind, and there's distrust among local physicians. Delays in problems such as thyroids issues are common, making them worse for patients, he said. “Nobody trusts the ...