MiddleEast.org - Mid-East Realities
Latest | Recent Articles | Multimedia Page | TV | Search | Blog

all subjects : Comment on MER articles

AuthorTopic: Christian Americans Want Crusade - Was/Is Osama Right?
topic by
mer article
(117 posts)
Washington, DC
USA
1/13/2002 (08:42)
I feel goodremove topic editreply top
Please reply to comment on this article

http://www.middleeast.org/articles/2002/1/565.htm

Reponses: 1
reply by
roy greenhill, sr
(1 posts)
Atalnta, GA
USA
1/21/2002 (15:33)
I feel gooddelete editreply top
Reponse to topic written by mer article

These article are a severe disservice to the cause of justice in the MidEast. Many Christians are deeply confused and misled into blind support for Israelis, but they have done nothing to justify bin Laden murder. This misreading of Geo W Bush is beyond common sense and reality. The Palestinians must receive a fairer hearing (a cause I hold dear), but this will not help.

Osama was/is wrong about everything, just as it is foolish to suggest that America - where esteem for Islam has risen from 45% before to 61% after the WTC bombings and all our politicians are singing the praisies of 'peaceful Islam' - is on a 'crusade' against Muslims. America is in no wise responsible for the condition of Afganistan, and surely all know that the non muslim world is the best hope for that suffering country. Jews like Alan Dershowitz hate the word 'crusade' even though modern Christians give no thought to religious persecution when they use the word as Billy Graham has for 60 years. For friends of Islam to join Dershowitz in dishonest semantics is not wise.

America is a Protestant Christian country and the entire world can be (and many are) thankful for that. This is the land of goodness, freedom and plenty; if not, where is that land?

© 2004 Mid-East Realities, All rights reserved